Thursday 30 September 2010

Mrs Impatient is here..... looking at her charging unit....

I've been looking for a while at the Home Laser Hair Removal treatments and wondering whether to take the plunge....  

The plus side, they promise to give you a totally smooth and hair free body for good, permenant hair removal....for ever!!   Well you can't say fairer than that can you?  So why haven't we all rushed to the shops and bought a kit?

The downside is the high price tag.  OK if it works the price is worth it.  But what if, horror of horrors, you spend your hard earned and it becomes something that lounges in the bottom of your drawer?

So "Enough on our Plates" is here to help.

I have been sent a TRIA Permanent Laser Hair Treatment set to try.  Take a look at http://www.triabeauty.co.uk/  to find out what all the science is, on this blog we'll get down to the nitty gritty of how it'll work for you, not what the marketing people say...

TRIA is currently a heart stopping £575 on their website.  But as they say, compare that to a lifetime of razor buying, or leg waxing or salon treatments, cheap by comparison....if it works.... let the story begin...

The postie arrived this morning, bringing my parcel.  Gosh I was excited - I really was ( you can call me a little bit sad ).  I had to work this morning so I was very good and left it sitting on the table.

The aqua coloured box sat there like an expensive box of chocoloates calling me to nibble.  But nibble I did not, I was good and left well alone until work was done.

I love packaging and so far the TRIA is captivating me with its lovely box, even the charging unit had its own little box to keep it all neat and tidy...talking of the charging unit...

I opened the box and began to read the instructions - drat!! I should have not had my resolve of earlier and opened the pack, cos now I had to charge it for 3 hours to ensure it was all fully charged and ready to use.

Oh how I wish I'd looked earlier!

So I plugged it in and waited.  I ate lunch, I drank tea, I waited.  3 hours isn't long t wait really but due to the fact I'm the worlds most impatient person, coupled with my excitement, I felt like an eternity.

I bided my time by reading the instructions thoroughly.

Three hours later....

TRIA was charged and ready to go.  I sat on the sofa with a charged TRIA in my hand and giggled, why was I so nervous?  Well they say it can hurt a bit, bit like an elastic band clipping against your skin and so I was a little scared to press it on my skin!  Silly I know but each time I went near it I chickened out.

After around ten minutes I told myself not to be so stupid and go for it.  I did. I felt nothing. I laughed even more!  I turned up the setting to medium and felt a little warmth so left it on medium.

You are meant to do a patch test and wait 24 hours, so I did my entire left leg,  cos I AM IMPATIENT I told you that!!

I am currently hoping I don't have a reaction on one leg now - cos that would be (a) embarrassing and (b) serve me right.

Tomorrow I will be doing both legs, underarms, and anywhere else I'm allowed to and will log in and let you know progress.  The skin and hair looks no different when you're done, apperently hair will begin to fall out after 10-14 days.  So it is hard to know where you have been.

I need to do this once a fortnight for the first few uses.  I'll keep you posted on progress.

Ah yes I must just tell you this,  TRIA says to shave before use, as it targets the follicles not the hair, so I duly did.  Although I did wonder what would happen if I had not.  Enter willing guinea pig (otherwise known as poor unwitting partner).

He has some patches of hair on his back so he is well up for trying the TRIA and being smooth and hair free.  I said I had to do a patch test on him and would do an inch on his back, I said he should shave but I wanted to know what would happen if he did not.  Being a typical 'hard' man he agreed, removed his T shirt and sat on the floor before me.  I set TRIA on low and pulsed on his skin, "oh" he said "I didn't feel much"  so I turned TRIA up to medium....

"OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" he said.  Oops, lets just say you need to shave before a treatment cos it can hurt.

Log in again soon to see what happens next and how hair free and smooth we become (fingers crossed).
We'll do some before and after shots and hopefully it'll be so fabulous you will all run out and buy one.  Let the trial begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment