Saturday 14 August 2010

HoMedics Outdoor Massage Roll - kinda odd...but the cows were fascinated!

As we were off on holiday this week and doing a little 'stay-cationing' (thereby saving the pennies) I thought a few treats for the week were in order.

As we were on the boat, there could be no spa days or relaxing in the tub full of bubbles, but how about a massage?


For only £49.99 at Argos amongst other places the HoMedics Outdoor Back Massaging Roll can be found. Our friends there, sent us one to try.

The nifty item in question has:


- Variable intensity 4 motor vibration massage

- Convenient remote control with 2 massage programs

- Durable fabric for outdoor use - water, mildew and mould resistant

- Easily fits most outdoor and patio furniture

- Rolls-up for easy storage in supplied draw-string bag - perfect for a picnic


The roll bit, according to the pictures goes under your knees, as I originally had it as a pillow under my head - this was not good and made all the little massage points vibrate in all the wrong places!


It was easily portable, and fitted nicely on the deck chairs we have aboard. So me and Himself set about testing our new toy.

The button to turn it on was in the pillow bit so I pay down and pressed.... with Himself and a number of cows in an adjacent field all looking on with quizzical faces. There are massage pads, in pairs along the length of the roll, and as you sit they are sort of by your back and knees too, but I guess that depends on how long your legs are really!



Pressing the button again ellicited a new vibration and more thorough massage - but a louder noise, so most of the cows scampered off at that point!



Himself then had a go, said he felt like he'd been using the electric sander for a few hours and he'd gone all wibbly.



The roll was very thick and nicely padded. I enjoyed using it to line the deck chair without it being turned on, I enjoyed the pad beneath my knees offering support.



The massage bit was a bit of a gimmick really, not sure it would take away any aches and pains, and the noise was just too much for it to be relaxing. Don't get me wrong it doesn't sound like a construction site or anything that loud, all in all where decibels are concerned I'd say it did not have many, I just think if you want to sit and chill out, you don't want a dull buzzing and droning sound in your ear....

My massage was a little like this, just picture it a little colder than the Greek Isles, we had all the watery surroundings, but on the River Nene, and substitute the massuer for a HoMedics Outdoor Body Massage Roll and your there!


So... liked the padding and comfort, just needed a silencer in order to chill out more..

-------------------------------------------------------

Also all week, I wore my trusty HoMedics Pedometer - and downloaded results when I got home, I do love my Pedometer!!  And it's certainly making me do more walking.... each day you not only see how many calories you have used, how far you walked and how many steps you took - you also get a little score.

I usually get 2's with the odd 3 if I'm really active.... I have no idea how far the scores go, as I have yet to get past 3!!  My aim is to get all 3's one week.... but life is just too busy to keep walking!!  I am trying though, I really  am and the Pedometer is helping the motivation!!  See the post here - Pedometer

1 comment: