Tuesday 17 August 2010

A new way of walking!

I have recently had the chance to try a pair of MBTs. A pair of what? I hear you ask - MBTs which apparently stands for Masai Barefoot Technology and they are shoes which promote a whole new way of walking. In fact they are marketed as the anti shoe.

The range includes shoes, trainers, sandals and boots and I chose a pair of sandals which are smart enough for going out whilst being casual enough for every day wear.

I read the instructions - yes instructions for how to wear shoes - which advised me to get used to them gradually so that I didn't suffer any aches and pains. It also explained that since the base of the shoe is curved I had to put my heel down first and roll the shoe forward to walk.

It sounds odd but I found that my new sandals felt very comfortable as soon as I put them on. They did feel kind of odd as I felt slightly off balance at first but I soon got used to them. I started by wearing them for half an hour at a time and gradually built up to wearing them all day.

The shoes are supposed to exercise your legs and I can certainly feel the muscles working as soon as I begin to walk and, although I can feel the exercise working, I don't find that my legs ache the day after wearing the shoes as I thought that they might.

I have already been told that my legs look slimmer and more toned and I have lost a few pounds in weight too so what more could I ask for?

http://www.mbt.com/ is the website of these amazing shoes and here you can find the full range together with lots of information.

The only down side is the RRP which is £150 for the sandalls that I have although there are places that sell them cheaper than this - a word of warning though beware of cheap imitations as they may damage your body.

1 comment: