Tuesday 20 July 2010

Keep Cup helps save the planet!

The lovely PR from Keep Cup sent me a cup to try....

I wondered when she emailed what it would be, Keep Cup sounded weird, it put me in mind of the Moon Cup actually but luckily it was not so personal!

Keep Cup looks like a plain version of the card cup you get in Costa Coffee and to all intents and purposes that is exactly what it is.

Every year it is estimated that worldwide disposable paper cups alone account for up to 4.5 million tonnes of landfill, 54 million felled trees, and 340 million joules of energy. So anything Keep Cup or anyone else for that matter can do to reduce the waste is a good thing.

The KeepCup comes in various sizes, all made to fit under the group heads of commercial coffee machines, as it has the same volume as standard takeaway cups, it ensures consistent portioning of espresso and milk; plus the four separate components can be personalised in your chosen colours, making the KeepCup unique.

The idea is, you take your cup to Costa, Starbucks or similar and ask them to fill it with their coffee, you pay the same price, but know you have made a small step to saving the environment.

The KeepCup is made of food safe polypropylene, is BPA free, non toxic, recyclable,
reusable and recyclable. It is dishwasher and microwave safe, stackable, lightweight,
splash-proof and fits in car cup holders.

As a non caffeine drinker I’ve not taken mine into the local Costa to try, however I love my own Dandelion Coffee so I topped up my Keep Cup, placed the lid on tight and popped it in the cup holder in the car – perfect!

I may not drink coffee, but I do often race out of the house in the morning with no time to spare for a cuppa – so Keep Cup is lovely to have a hot drink on the move!!

Visit http://www.keepcup.com/  to order your KeepCup now!

RRP:
• 8 oz – approx £8
• 12 oz – approx £9
• 16 oz – approx £10

No comments:

Post a Comment