Wednesday 21 July 2010

Now that’s a clever idea!

I have always been overweight and have been on various diets for most of my adult life. I have counted calories, weighed my food, combined types of food, been to slimming clubs – you name it I have tried it!

Now I have had the chance to try The Diet Plate. As you can see from the picture the surface of the plate is split into various sections and the idea is that you fill each section with the food group written on it. There are small sections for cheese and meat and larger sections for salad and vegetables. There is also a ring round the plate to show the amount of rice or pasta that you should eat in one meal.



The idea is that the plate counts the calories for you and I can see that this would be a really useful aid to the dieter who doesn’t have much time to spare. The plate comes complete with a booklet which explains exactly how to use it together with information about the basic food groups and a chart to follow your weight loss.

The one that I am using is made especially for females but there is also a slightly different one made for males as they would need to eat more calories. There is also one for children although I have to admit that I am not happy with the idea of using the term ‘diet’ for children. There is also a diet bowl available.



All in all I think this is a really clever idea for all you dieters who don’t have the time or don’t want to be bothered with counting calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment