Sunday 6 June 2010

Funny things for my feet...

When you’re a blogger, you sometimes get sent some weird and wonderful items to road test. This week saw a couple of parcels come through the door – one was ‘Patch It – for Total Wellness’ and the other was a rather large parcel marked “Perishable” on the outside....but more of that one later in the week.

The Original Patch It for Total Wellness is branded as the Spa in a Patch, so I wondered what was to come. My box had six patches in it, enough for three nights.

Each patch has sort of a fabric/tissue kind of feel to it and is sticky on one side, they are about 3x2 inches. The patch is intended to stick, one on the base of each foot, whilst you sleep.

The funny little patches contain essence extracted from Mandarin trees, which grow on a volcanic island full of fertile soil. The essence is distilled then matured, a bit like wine until its ready to use in the patches. Using the patches full of Mandarin tree goodness was meant to ensure I awoke and began the day with a spring in my step!

The first night I placed a patch on the base of each foot and snuggled down to sleep. Now, I suffer from permanently cold feet – this was the way I knew they were doing something, I had a night spent with the toastiest feet ever. My god they were warm! I loved it but I fear they may have been uncomfortable for some people.

I had a restless night, but it was my first night with them so I persevered. Night two was better and night three was lovely! I felt very rested and ready for the day ahead.

Spookily, when you remove the patches in the morning, they are all brown and sticky!! Some packs say that all my toxins have been drawn out into the patch, via my feet. I am dubious to this grand claim, but have to admit that ‘something’ was coming out there!! They looked most weird!  This particular make just says it is moisture that causes it though, so make no grand claims - which is good.

Pulling the patches off each morning was odd too – I don’t have particularly ticklish feet but I really had to grit my teeth and pull the patch off in one go, otherwise there was a tickly moment!

The Patch It’s are by http://www.patch-it.info/   and you can Google them to find your nearest stockist if you want to give them a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment