Wednesday 23 June 2010

Who ate all the pies????????????

The name of our blog is quite apt for this review!  Take a gander at http://www.simplesimonspies.co.uk/ and you could be in for a treat!

I like pies, which if you read yesterdays review - about the new bathroom scales, you'll know I like pies...... 

I'm not one for raving over a product just for effect, and I hope you know that my reviews are always unbiased, if these pies were mediocre...I'd say so.

BUT....  you have to taste one to believe just how good they are!  These are quite the most scrumptious pies I have ever tasted.  I wished there was a way for you to lick the screen you're reading just to try one little flavour, as words will not describe them adequately.

We tried a little selection.  Butter Bean and Brie - which hubby had to try and I have a strong dislike of cheese.  He said he would happily buy that again as it was lovely.  We had a Salmon and Broccoli, which was OK - hubby again liked it a lot but I would say "Hmmmm....quite pleasant".

I tried a Chicken and Tarragon - which quite frankly was delicious, and I am not happy to be writing about it so close to lunchtime today as its making me want another....(and we've run out now).    We also had an Aberdeen Angus and Mushroom - which was a delight - all the meat is just so tender!

But the absolute pinnacle of tastebud tingling gorgeousness was the Honeyed Venison Collops!  Oh my!! What a tender taste explosion!  I have no idea what a 'collop' is, but I knew what Venison was so banned any thoughts of Bambi whilst eating...

Each pie is made from a light pastry, enough for one person.  They have a little bed of potato at the bottom, which soaks up all the juices, and each pie is full to the brim of tender, high quality meat or veggies depending on the flavour chosen.

The only downside to the pies is the price, they're not cheap.  But you get what you pay for.  Quite frankly if they were cheap pies I would be living on them on a daily basis, as they taste so good, and I would weigh the same as a small elephant.  So to save me from this fate, they are a tad on the expensive side so they are kept for high days and holidays!!    As an example the Honey Venison Collop pie is one of the dearest at £5.30 - which is not a huge amount but then when I looked on the site they delivery charge was over £9 - so you'd need a big order to make the delivery worthwhile .... maybe club together with the neighbours!

The site http://www.simplesimonspies.co.uk/ is simple and easy to use, and introduces you to the lovely team that have made your tea!!

1 comment:

  1. I am extremeley sad that this review is over, and I'd like to eat them all over again!! What a scrummy weekend we had last weekend!! Yum yum yum...

    ReplyDelete