Friday 11 June 2010

A little pot of paint...

There’s some painting going on at the D household. We’re about to paint the lounge actually and redo the hall... bless my other half, I don’t generally have to nag to get things done. He’s only just finished my new kitchen though so letting him have a rest for a bit.

I had a nice PR get in touch with me about paints from Wilko (Wilkinson’s) and did I want to try them...so of course I said yes please!

The lovely lady sent me a paint brush, which is almost too nice to use, it’s the softest brush I’ve ever encountered! Anyway, that’s by the by really...

She also sent me a host of baby match-pots so I could try them out. I usually go for Dulux or Crown paints, simply because they do the funky colours. The likes of Wilko traditionally tend to stick to tamer colours – until now...

Wilko are now producing Colour Blast and Statement selections, with bright blues, deep purples, soft roses and zesty greens – really fabulous for an accent wall or two.

I can’t yet show the finished room, as we’re not quite there, but I have done a canvas here as a little colour chart for you!

Each 2.5ltr tin is £12.97 and it covers really well, in fact I would say on the canvas it covered better than the Dulux I had in a darker colour.

There's a colour chart on the website - here

1 comment: