Wednesday 16 June 2010

Standing all day makes my legs ache!



As I said in my last post I spend my Sundays on the promenade at Llandudno selling souveniers for the RNLI.



It is hard work as we begin at 9am by fetching everything out of the little caravan that you can see in the picture. We then set up the tables and fill them with the souvenirs and sell until about 5.30pm when we have to put eveything away ready for the caravan to be collected.

As you can imagine I am on my feet almost constantly and my legs begin to ache and get very tired as the afternoon progresses.

I needed something to give me a bit of a lift and I found a product called Antistax which is available as a cream, a gel or in tablet form. I am not keen on taking any morre tablets as I am a diabetic and already take a dozen or so each day so I opted for the gel which cost me £5.50 for 125ml.


The gel comes in a sturdy tube which is very easy to open and use (even one handed!) The gel iteslf is a translucent red in colour and was quickly absorbed into my skin as soon I began to rub it onto my calves. It has a light citrus fragrance and feels really cool and refreshing. Incidentally you can even keep it itn the fridge to make it even cooler!

As far as I am concerned there wasn't a dramatic difference although to be fair it was a cool, blustery day last Sunday so I would imagine that this will feel really refreshing on a hot day - hopefully this Sunday? I did feel that my legs felt a bit lighter and less tired but I couldn't decide if this was due to power of suggestion or whether I could put it down to the gel.

I will try it again this Sunday and let you know how I get on!

1 comment: